"Dress Form Dreams": Paper mache decoupage with art charms

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

VintAgeless: My Art Philosophy

Altered art and collage art combine all my passions:  collecting Victorian photo albums, vintage postcards/tradecards, and small antiques;  crafting using scrapbooking, jewelry making, and rubber stamping techniques;  and preserving family and holiday memories for the enjoyment of future generations.


Each altered Victorian photo album features a theme:  birds, the ocean, French nudes, or natural history.  The sturdy cardboard pages are covered with fresh paper and layered with hundreds of pieces of authentic vintage ephemera and collectibles.  Using photographs and personal mementos, I can create a precious tribute to a loved one's life, profession, or hobby.  I have transformed Victorian albums into unique decorations for Halloween, Christmas, or Valentine's Day, featuring vintage greeting cards and holiday trinkets.


I also create collage pieces using foam board covered with fabric remnants and vintage trims.  A colorful French lithograph or an altered objet d'art is combined with costume jewelry and antique findings to express my personal artistic vision.  Usually, my pieces are framed without glass so that their unique texture and function can be touched and explored.


As you view my images for inspiration and enjoyment, please respect the fact that each work of art is copyrighted.  I would love to know what you think and network with like-minded creative people.  Or perhaps we could discuss how I can design a one-of-a-kind Victorian album or collage piece just for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment